|Doctor Shopping Obtain Drugs Physician |
Withhold Information Practitioner
Form Code: DRUG9892
Florida Statute: 893.13.7A8
Level: Fel (Felony)
Description: OBTAINING DRUGS FROM PHYSICIAN BY WITHHOLDING
Chapter 893 DRUG ABUSE PREVENTION AND CONTROL
893.13 Prohibited acts; penalties.
(7)(a) It is unlawful for any person:
1. To distribute or dispense a controlled substance in violation of this chapter.
2. To refuse or fail to make, keep, or furnish any record, notification, order form, statement, invoice, or information required under this chapter.
3. To refuse an entry into any premises for any inspection or to refuse to allow any inspection authorized by this chapter.
4. To distribute a controlled substance named or described in s. 893.03(1) or (2) except pursuant to an order form as required by s. 893.06.
5. To keep or maintain any store, shop, warehouse, dwelling, building, vehicle, boat, aircraft, or other structure or place which is resorted to by persons using controlled substances in violation of this chapter for the purpose of using these substances, or which is used for keeping or selling them in violation of this chapter.
6. To use to his or her own personal advantage, or to reveal, any information obtained in enforcement of this chapter except in a prosecution or administrative hearing for a violation of this chapter.
7. To possess a prescription form which has not been completed and signed by the practitioner whose name appears printed thereon, unless the person is that practitioner, is an agent or employee of that practitioner, is a pharmacist, or is a supplier of prescription forms who is authorized by that practitioner to possess those forms.
8. To withhold information from a practitioner from whom the person seeks to obtain a controlled substance or a prescription for a controlled substance that the person making the request has received a controlled substance or a prescription for a controlled substance of like therapeutic use from another practitioner within the previous 30 days.
9. To acquire or obtain, or attempt to acquire or obtain, possession of a controlled substance by misrepresentation, fraud, forgery, deception, or subterfuge.
10. To affix any false or forged label to a package or receptacle containing a controlled substance.
11. To furnish false or fraudulent material information in, or omit any material information from, any report or other document required to be kept or filed under this chapter or any record required to be kept by this chapter.
12. To store anhydrous ammonia in a container that is not approved by the United States Department of Transportation to hold anhydrous ammonia or is not constructed in accordance with sound engineering, agricultural, or commercial practices.
(b)Any person who violates the provisions of subparagraphs (a)1.-7. commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083; except that, upon a second or subsequent violation, the person commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.